Foods for a better period: A Replenishing Treat
Periods can suck. All last week I had ‘Holy Cramps, Batman’ on repeat from my verbal playlist, Comforté as a permanent fixture in my bag, and a craving for rich food like no other! Verbal playlist and pain management aside, these period food cravings are the one thing that always get me. If it’s not steak and a great Cabernet Sauvignon, it’s dark chocolate and Utz Carolina BBQ chips that I’m craving. So I went to the internet to find out what the heck is going on with all these cravings.
Basically, our bodies need a boost in several nutrients: Iron, Omega 3’s, Magnesium, Vitamin’s B and E, and Potassium.
Iron can help with fatigue and mood swings
Omega 3’s can help with cramps
Magnesium, B Vitamins and Vitamin E help with all aspects of PMS to include cravings and cramps and blood loss
Potassium helps with cramps
Holy cow! How much should I eat to meet period food requirements?
There are tons of ways to get these nutrients in spinach, almonds, and steak to name a few. But, what about when I’m low on cooking time, tired, or (let’s be honest) just flat out don’t feel like it and still want some beneficial period food? Well, I came across this little gem from Gimme Some Oven that happens to have every one of the above mentioned in it!
Chia Balls (AKA: No Bake Energy Bites)
- 1 cup (dry) steel cut oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond butter (Vitamin E, Magnesium, and Iron)
- 1/2 cup ground hemp/flax blend (B Vitamins, Magnesium, Potassium and Iron)
- 1/2 cup chocolate cacao nibs (helps to balance mood swings)
- 1/3 cup raw honey (unless sharing with an infant: then use pasteurized)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (protein as well as all the benefits of hemp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix until blended. I prefer a wooden spoon. Then freeze for about 10 minutes.
- While in the freezer, line a mini muffin tin with mini liners.
- Once chilled, use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into the liners.
* you can also roll by hand into about 24 balls.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
“Love being a woman, every day of the month!”
If you tried and LOVED these as much as all of us here at Comforté, please leave a comment below and make sure to Follow Us for the best of period survival!Posted on
That 't bother me. The knee's fine,'' insisted.Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he has no concern about 's Wholesale NFL Jerseys If Wholesale NFL Jerseys Treadwell and Stefon Diggs can prove a dynamic duo, it's even better. According to experts, the input of these requirements give one more advantage to local market companies Cheap Jerseys foreign competitors such as , Google, Cisco and others. It's not a life-or-death injury. The Thunder are ninth overall Defensive Rating at 104, per . Figuring intact clavicle was worth the $300, Dolph paid Brisker Cheap Jerseys out of Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China own wallet.
is Comforté in your bag?
Don't go another day without Comforté
Say hello to temporary relief of monthly feminine discomfort! Women everywhere are discovering the wonderful relief Comforté offers. Make sure it’s in your bag today!Try Comforté